General Preventive Measures
- Sustained weight loss
- Physical activity (such as brisk walking) to at least 150 minutes/week.
- Cut down salt intake
- Cook with less salt
- Shop for foods with lower salt
- Choose healthier snacks like fruits or vegetables
- Stop soluble effervescent tablets which contain high levels of salt
- Eating a low-fat diet that includes lots of fibre, such as wholegrain rice, bread and pasta, and plenty of fruit and vegetables also helps lower blood pressure. Aim to eat 5 portions of fruit and vegetables every day.
- Limit alcohol intake
- Cut down on coffee intake
- Stop smoking
- Screening for and treatment of modifiable risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD) are suggested
- Sleep healthy (continuous 7-9 hours every day). See a specialist for snoring or early morning fatigue.
Schedule an appointment with your health care professional for the proper management of hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases, and to discuss a strategy to reduce your risk factors for developing high blood pressure.
You can Request a Call back